Senior Product Manager - Cloud Developer Services
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a strong product leader to drive the definition, development, and launch of developer-related services on our next-gen Splunk Cloud platform. Splunk is building and launching several new cloud experiences that each have significant backend service dependencies, ranging from user profile/settings management to knowledge object persistence and searching.
As the Product Manager, you will work closely with the platform frontend team to determine the ideal user experience, translate that experience to a set of backend service requirements, accounting for partner/app future flexibility, and then drive execution and delivery. Splunk's app ecosystem is a critical part of our business model, and thus understanding how apps can additionally maximize these services, and defining the APIs to this effect will be a key aspect of the role. This role will primarily interface with internal and external developers that are building applications and extensions on the platform, and on occasion may interface directly with end-users.
You are organized, positive, creative, analytical, and focused on the customer and partners at all times. You know when to make decisions and when to ask questions. This is an execution-focused role: You maintain a strong long-term vision that aligns with the product strategy. At the same time, you are committed to improving the end-user experience at every step of the way. This requires a customer-focused product management professional with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of success.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span across the various phases of product management and include deep interaction with customers, sales, design, and engineering.
- Lead the "whole" product experience
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market and technology changes
- Collaborate with Design to conduct user research and interview target personas and validate the defined hypothesis
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups and acceptance criteria in collaboration with design and engineering or independently
- Collaborate with engineering, QA and support teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing and partner teams to support content creation and product messaging
You are a hands-on product manager who can execute and evangelize a game-changing vision for Splunk’s end users. In this role, you will iron out highly complex problems, gain insight into customer challenges, business goals and increase Splunk’s adoption across our customer base. Everything you build will need to be tracked, measured and reported. You will be key to evolving Splunk’s value chain in the marketplace and to impact our top-line growth.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
An outstanding candidate will have prior experience of product ownership over developer cloud services to enable internal app teams to deliver value to customers using a cloud developer platform.
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Advanced knowledge of platforms, developer tooling, APIs and frameworks
- Experience designing and deploying cloud services
- Data Analytics: you should be able to parse all of our telemetry to showcase patterns and areas for investment
- Knowledge of cloud deployments and lifecycles
- Deep understanding of cloud services data platform market, trends, competition and industry
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience developing SOC2 compliant services preferred
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.