Program Manager, IT
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are not only passionate about our product, but also seek to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers! At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey and family.
We are looking for a smart, passionate, and experienced Program Manager with a large spectrum of experience working in larger and smaller companies in a high-tempo rapidly evolving environment! Do you want to utilize your seasoned Agile and Scrum experience to drive programs and projects within and across our dynamic organization? As a Program Manager, you will do that and more! You will schedule and lead Sprint Planning/Reviews, Daily Standups and other team meetings. You'll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other teams including IT Operations, Business Applications, Business Process Transformation and partners from other business units across Splunk! If you thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and fosters creativity, then what are you waiting for? Apply today.
This role is responsible for multiple, simultaneous projects and owns release planning, coordination, risk mitigation, organization, and tracking of those projects through to deployment.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead IT project delivery by ensuring the integrated solution delivers on the success criteria
- Build commitment with delivery teams and business partners to effectively address project risks and issues
- Collaborate effectively with business and delivery partners to define requirements and success criteria
- Negotiate contending requirements across business owners and establish project direction with business leaders and delivery leads
- Bring knowledge of Project Management standard methodologies (PMBOK), processes and tools, including: scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, resource management, procurement, change management, risk management, and issues management
- Have familiarity and experience with Agile and other iterative methodologies
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and providing direction when there are multiple stakeholders and solutions
- Build in mitigation plans anticipating dependencies and risks, actively replan with business and delivery teams, and reset expectations throughout project delivery
- Demonstrate consultative skills in solving problems by using technical and business insight to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Execute goal setting with business owners and senior leaders and contributes to operational alignment
- Act as an authority by partners within IT and across the business and has a communication style that builds confidence and alignment with the team
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 8+ years’ experience managing IT or software projects
- Tolerant of ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Very good interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of program management concepts
- Effective and creative in solving problems with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources needed to assist
- Eager to learn and excited to work on programs across the IT portfolio
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Vendor management experience
Nice to Have
- Expertise with JIRA
- PMO or portfolio management experience in a technology setting
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile experience or agile certification
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.