Principal C/C++ Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team, Customer Managed Platform. We are a globally distributed engineering team that develops and continually improves Splunk Enterprise, Splunk's core offering that collects and analyses high volumes of machine-generated data. We ensure code hygiene, use open source libraries, employ continuous integration and delivery, and have a strong belief in automated testing at multiple levels (unit, integration, system). We are seeking someone who shares our passion to join our team and be part of our future success. You will work with team members in a variety of locations, so excellent team collaboration is important. We rely on daily stand-ups to facilitate communication and get help when needed.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining multi-threaded server applications written in C/C++ on Linux and/or Windows platforms.
- Worked on distributed systems involving network communications and is familiar with RESTful services.
- Followed best software development practices and participated in code reviews.
- Primarily focussed on developing code, and efficiently produced elegant, clean and re-usable code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction.
- Participated in designing and estimating sprint sized software deliverables.
- Work closely with architects and the team to build exciting features, reusable components and products.
- Collaborate with engineers to break down complex features into incremental deliverables.
- Analyse and optimise back-end code, and pursue simplicity, efficiency, reliability and performance.
- Use independent judgment to take existing code, understand its function and change/enhance as needed.
- Develop and own features or sub-systems.
- Engage in design and code reviews of the product, and leverage your knowledge of customers’ experiences to dedicatedly prevent future problems.
What we provide
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We want you to be successful outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.