Manager, Splunk Incident Response Team
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Cloud is looking for a Manager to provide day-to-day leadership to our Incident Response Team (SIRT). This position is responsible for the Incident management process design and continuous service Improvements as vital to achieve the objectives of the business. As manager of the Incident Response Team, you'll lead a team responsible for the 24/7 response to incidents of our rapidly growing Cloud Platform. You'll use analytics to plan, implement and continually improve processes that lead to an improvement in overall MTTR. We're looking for someone to bring a fresh approach to problems of all shapes and sizes and help us build a best-in-class Incident Response Team.
- Solve issues and participate in on-call support, ensuring stability and performance of the Splunk Cloud environment.
- Partner with our SRE teams to deliver agile, highly automated capabilities to monitor applications and our cloud infrastructure.
- Drive automation (of runbooks) and software-defined approaches to reliability and availability as well as change management.
- Work Closely with various groups within Cloud Operations to drive efficiencies. Including authoring of runbooks and key alert metrics, and overall health and stability of monitoring.
- Represent the Incident Response Team in meetings/process changes and make recommendations on new procedures/ processes.
- Work with your peers across the organization to handle related or dependent release activities.
- Act as a Liaison between SRE, monitoring teams, support and leadership for new processes, tools. and knowledge transfers.
- Oversee all Incident Commanders and leads and ensure all duties and tasks are being performed expertly and effectively during each shift.
- Mentor and coach new team members
- Provide Incident commander responsibilities, contribute to post incident review, and follow through with action plans
Who you are:
- 2-4 years in hands-on manager position.
- Deep understanding of Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experienced in Systems Administration or Technical Operations
- Hands-on experience maintaining and troubleshooting Linux/UNIX servers in a production environment.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Config management
- Collaborative with outstanding social and interpersonal skills.
- Calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage.
- Take charge, personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a highly technical team.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow through, and ability to prioritize quickly are necessary.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.