Cloud Platform Engineer
Splunk Cloud Infrastructure Team
The Cloud organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Cloud Platform Engineer to help lead, design and build the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. As a Cloud Platform Engineer you will be developing the services and tooling required to automate our infrastructure delivery end-to-end. You will do this using a software driven approach, ranging from simple RESTful APIs to Kubernetes controllers. You will help cultivate best practices and a strong engineering culture by mentoring others, performing code reviews and collaborating with other teams.
You should apply if
- You have experience with at-least two of the following technologies; AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Go, Python, Prometheus, Terraform.
- You're passionate about your work. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers. You should enjoy actively being responsible for your work and be excited about your projects.
- You love distributed systems. Experience in working on distributed systems like databases, distributed file systems, distributed concurrency control, consistency models is an added plus.
- You can work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python to Shell. In this role, you'll mostly be using Go.
- "How can I automate this process?" is a question you constantly ask yourself.
- Data drives your decisions. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- You enjoy iteration. Shipping code often and getting useful feedback excites you and you’re not worried about changing direction when a solution isn’t working as expected.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work in an area that dynamically scales to meet the need of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Honesty and collaboration are values we see as a core part of our team identity. We understand the value in open communication—working together to get things done, and to adapt to the changing needs of the team and individuals. This is reflected in both our internal communications and also in how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. Work doesn't have to always be about working. We organize frequent team lunches and other optional team building events to help you get to know other members of the team in a more relaxed environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.