Assigned Expert - Professional Services
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organisations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Are you looking to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact the adoption and optimisation of the Splunk platform for some of our most important customers. We bring best practices and strategic technical guidance out to the world to make people happier with our software, and just as importantly, we bring the world's needs and wants back to Splunk to make our software better. And we get the chance to see firsthand the phenomenal things that our customers do with Splunk and adapt our best practices to include the things that are most impactful.
As an Assigned Expert, you are passionate about customers and their journey to leveraging the Splunk Platform to its fullest. You will drive customers to adopt and optimise their environment through consistent touch points and strategic guidance, ensuring our customers realise the quickest time to value, and maximum return on their investment. You will also leverage the collective knowledge of the team and share your inputs as we build out standard processes and procedures that enable us to deliver the highest level of service, drive scale and automate key functions. You will drive resolution to our customer’s most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. As a successful Splunk Assigned Expert Consultant you will be Splunk expert and adept at understanding, adapting and guiding our customers on how to best use our Platform. Are you up for the challenge?
Strategic execution of adoption and optimisation activities in long-term engagements, which includes regular meeting cadence, documentation, and representation of valuable outcomes from your work with customers, high-quality technical guidance on Enterprise level architecture, configuration, and optimisation work in complex environments for area of discipline including:
- Splunk Core/Cloud
- Enterprise Security/UBA
- ITOps, DevOps
- Creating, driving, and reporting on customer success plans
- Customer advocacy for key initiatives and discreet needs across the internal Splunk ecosystem
- Serve as a dedicated point of contact for customer needs including adoption, optimisation, customer success and technical escalations.
- Continual engagement and cross-functional information sharing with CSM, RSM, SE, PS and other engaged parties
- Exceptional execution of practice key performance indicators and contributions such as:
- Scaling through productivity
- Process creation and improvements
- Collateral creation and improvements
- Tools development and implementation
- All-in on Adoption
- Drive high CSAT score
- Identify and capture customer success stories
- Drive products upsell and expansion
- Team growth
- Mentor / mentee program
- Formal and Ad Hoc internal training sessions
- Cross-functional relationship and knowledge sharing
- Ability to act as the trusted advisor and product specialist for assigned customers
- Ability to manage strategic accounts that demand a high level of partnership, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen to technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level partners
- Superior written and oral communication skills a must
- Listen objectively to others' opinions and ideas utilising active listening skills
- Strong customer facing soft skills – must instill confidence and provide guidance towards resolution with high customer satisfaction
- Highly developed, operational skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Strong time management skills; can balance competing priorities and customer’s demands
- Highly effective at organising, planning and leading customers through complex change
- 5+ years of experience in technical consulting or big data analytics
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications
- Statistical and analytical modelling is a plus
- Solid understanding or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics
- 5+ years proven administering and using Splunk
- 3+ years proven Splunk implementation experience
- 2+ years proven Splunk Cloud experience (Cloud Fundamentals Consultant Accreditation preferred)
- 3+ years proven Splunk architecture experience
- Ability to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot complex Splunk Enterprise environments
- Thorough understanding of Splunk Deployment Methodology & Implementation
- Expert-level knowledge of multi-tier Splunk architectures, clustering, and scalability topics
- Proven experience with Cloud Migration Projects
- Strong SPL skills and experience a must
Location and Travel
- This is a remote position
- Up to 20% travel will be required for customer facing activities
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.