Principal Technical Program Manager
Principal Technical Program Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Principal Technical Program Manager is charged with leading large scale, global, complex initiatives end to end. Working cross functionally with a broad set of technical and business partners, you will use your solid technical aptitude, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease, to drive initiatives that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long range goals.
You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for accelerating and simplifying customer, partner, and employee experiences across various channels, functions, and platforms. You will face new challenges daily and identify creative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead technical programs or initiatives for the product development organization, having a clear and constant understanding of priorities to ensure expected outcomes are delivered, including but not limited to NPI, GTM, and Product Operations
- Create, collate and maintain program or product documentation, manage dependencies and track status
- Identify and articulate risks and manage stakeholders to mitigate and drive to resolution
- Understand system interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams to align and deliver on technical solutions
- Ensure clear accountability, timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results
- Interface with product leadership and key business stakeholders serving as the communications hub for the program
- Define and drive process improvement initiatives to scale and automate key technical or business processes delivering measurable results that result in positive impacts for our customers and business partners
- Provide expertise on process improvements and tools that lead to shared standard methodologies across Engineering
- Facilitate continuous improvement and cross-organization events in collaboration with Engineering or Product Management leaders
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Solid experience in Software Engineering, Software Infrastructure Engineering, Security, Big Data and Analytics, or Cloud Networking
- Strong validated experience with leadership, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Experience facilitating, building, or overhauling a Change Management process
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority
- Experience working cross-functionally leading a program or product delivery with both technical and non-technical members
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Agile, SAFe, Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, and/or DMAIC (desired)
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.