Accounts Payable Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Accounts Payable Manager is a key player in our global accounting organization and will report to the Director, Accounting Operations. This leader will be responsible for building and mentoring a high performing team, and contributing to processes that will support the company’s ambitious growth. To be successful in this role, you must understand the intricacies of accounts payable, purchasing/receiving and the general ledger system, develop and enforce scalable accounts payable policies and implement or improve internal controls and drive process improvements by constantly challenging current processes and seeking best practices. You should have the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams, including FP&A and Accounting. We are looking for an individual who has excellent systems and process building skills, outstanding problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth.
- Lead the accounts payable organization in identifying, verifying, analyzing, and implementing process improvement opportunities including impact and risk assessments, status reporting, change management, and more
- Contribute to the development and implementation of our continuous improvement strategy within AP
- Work with other P2P team members and stakeholders to develop new support material based upon process revision, to include training, reporting, and system enhancements
- Effectively provide day-to-day accounts payable support in the following areas: PO and Non-PO invoice processing, holds, payment cycles, 1099 reporting, records management, GL entries, month-end and year-end close, account reconciliations, performance of root cause analysis, and issue resolution related to system/personnel performance issues
- Demonstrate a strong partnership with Finance, Accounting, IT, business users, outsourced service providers, and suppliers
- Relentless focus on user experience, ensuring excellence in AP processes and procedures
- Monitor key operational metrics that measure/assess accounts payable performance and drive continuous improvement
- Support maintenance of desktop procedures to ensure current processes are accurately documented
- Manage operational escalations and change request process pertaining to outsourced provider performance
- Collaborate effectively with key internal stakeholders
- Provide regular communication and training on processes and systems for employees, outsourced providers and suppliers
- Ensure accounts payable operations comply with statutory requirements, company policies, processes, procedures, internal controls, and Finance objectives
- Develop and manage a high functioning, efficient and responsive accounts payable team through strategic hiring, performance management and process optimization
- Supervise team productivity workload to achieve an effective balance, meet departmental goals and maintain quality assurance
- Ensure analysts communicate with key vendors to resolve pending issues and facilitate a positive working relationship
- Manage, coordinate, and support special projects as needed
- Develop and implement policies and procedures designed to optimize the balance between the need for agility and solid financial controls
- Audit and approve A/P financial transactions adhering to all internal and SOX controls
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain, procurement, finance, or project management
- 5+ years of procure-to-pay and continuous improvement/business analysis experience
- Interpersonal experience and a track record of working with cross-functional business stakeholders
- Experience using analytic tools such as data gathering and analysis, spreadsheets, flow-charting, and process diagramming
- Analytical and project management experience, including knowledge of interpreting business needs and translating them into operational requirements
- Experience with SAP, Arriba is a plus
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed — able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.