Director, Pricing Operations and Enablement
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are excited at Splunk about getting results through building a better business model, establishing and optimizing the commercialization of Splunk’s portfolio of products and services, and launching new offerings.
As a Director of Pricing Operations and Enablement, you will drive the strategy and vision of how we bring new products to market, drive efficiency for the field in day-to-day business as well as help enable direct sales and partners with evolving processes, policies, and tools in order to make it easy to do business with Splunk. You will drive the evolution of CPQ and help define our future subscription billing capabilities.
You will become a trusted partner for sales and become the “eyes and ears” understanding what resonates with the field and what structural improvements will help improve the overall sales process and sales experience.
You will monitor adoption and bring back suggestions of program changes, help design process improvements to facilitate a first-class customer buying experience, and inform or system development as we transform our business model.
In this role, you will work on highly sophisticated problems, inform leaders on critical decisions, and have exposure to senior-level decision-making crafting relationships with people across the company.
We are looking for a strong understanding of B2B sales - ideally with a GTM, sales operations, and/or NPI background.
Strong presence, executive communication, and consensus-building capabilities are essential. Demonstrated ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment is ideal.
This position is based out of San Francisco or San Jose.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Drive programmatic roll-out of new sales processes, commercial programs, and offerings to direct sales and partners. Collaborate with field enablement and partner organization on tactical delivery and engagement
- Be the advocate for the field - understanding current pain points in quoting and contracting process - document and define enablement, tool, and system requirements
- Collaborate with product management, product marketing, and other teams on creating engaging content and tools that drive understanding and adoption of innovative commercial models
- Drive the definition, measurement, and tracking of the key strategic and commercial initiatives adoption across the organization
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock growth and provide clarity towards execution
Requirements: This isn’t my first rodeo!
- 7+ years experience or equivalent; Any combination of go-to-market, sales operations, NPI, field enablement/sales programs in a technology company
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of enterprise software / SaaS business models
- Experience in driving initiatives from framing the problem, structuring the program, and driving execution to success; Strong influencing skills;
- Strong leadership and excellent written / verbal communications to develop engaging material and work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; Comfort in business and technical discussions.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment; Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new terms and projects, provide critical thinking, with appropriate attention to detail
- Experience in leading high performing teams; Able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Master of Business Administration desired
- Bachelor of Science required
We offer competitive pay and benefits for qualified hires. We look forward to reviewing all resumes and will contact candidates who meet the requirements.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.