Principal Network Engineer
How do you scale to a multiple billion-dollar company with thousands of users? Are you ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers.
Splunk is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join the Network Engineering Services Team. This role is responsible for developing and establishing the strategy for the global corporate, development, and production infrastructure within our data center and public cloud networks.
You should have a consistent record for building, executing, and crafting strategic business roadmaps to meet corporate initiatives. You will liaise with Splunk Global Security, Business Applications, Cloud Operations, and other key business units to develop the global network infrastructure strategy to support Splunk’s dramatic growth. You have expert foundation and experience in designing a diverse variety of environments, such as large enterprise campus LAN and WAN, branch office, public cloud, business partner, remote access, wireless, and high available data center networks.
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills will be critical for this position, as the engineer will actively interact with senior leadership and fellow technical domain professionals.
- You will engage and influence major business partners on their respective strategic initiatives that have significant network infrastructure dependencies
- You will translate the business strategy into a technical roadmap
- You will research, evaluate, and recommend network technologies that can be applied to solve business challenges
- You will participate in the Architecture Review Board to ensure technical solutions meet the expectations of the business while coexisting with existing infrastructure
- You will partner with the IT Portfolio Management Office (PMO) to organize projects and programs to align with network strategy and roadmap
- You will be a part of complex cross-domain and multi-functional matrix project teams to develop solutions in a highly collective manner
- You will work with Security Operations on periodic security assessments & audits
- Partner with Splunk@Splunk to showcase network capabilities of Splunk
- You will help define and develop network solutions to enable rapid company growth
- Lead highly complex projects such as global SDWAN deployment and telephony migration to cloud
- Be responsible for the team to establish network design principles and practices
- Analyze data and define network capacity management models and performance metrics
- Supply to plans and workflows for consistent growth and performance across all aspects of Splunk’s network infrastructure
- Guide engagement with vendors and internal teams to drive and deliver network innovation using automation tool sets
- Author network standard documents and mentor team members to realize their full potential
- 15+ years of network engineering experience with large, global, multi-vendor enterprise infrastructure
- Deep understanding of network designs and operations
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, VPN, and SDWAN
- Validated knowledge and experience transforming enterprise to Zero Trust network model
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-facing production environment across multiple data centers including public cloud
- Experience building distributed systems and highly-available services
- Ability to clearly articulate complex systems and technical topics to others
- You should be focused with the ability to work independently and in a team setting with minimal oversight while getting results and maintaining attention to detail
- Champion and build a reciprocal working relationship with operational and business partners
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to self-motivate and manage/prioritize task completion
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.