Inside Sales Representative - Public Sector
Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
Title: Inside Sales Representative
Location: McLean, VA
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and expand your sales knowledge and learn from the best? Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and help business think differently? If you answered yes then we might have a home here for you at Splunk! The Inside Sales Rep (for Named Accounts) will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for Splunk. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell Splunk's award-winning software into well known/brand named companies. You have a consistent record of selling software or services and you know how to build beneficial, positive relationships with customers.
You will follow up with in-bound leads and status update through the company CRM system as well conduct outbound prospecting and lead generation. You are an expert at qualifying leads and you will schedule product demos for customers.
- Display a real passion for running accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services. In addition you will:
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals
- Partner with field sales representatives in various geo/territories. Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
You have around 2-4 years of experience in selling enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance). As well as a solid reputation for consultative sales experience at meaningful companies/businesses with the innate ability to innovate and references to back it up.
- Proven track record of exceeding yearly quota
- Previously worked in fast growing software sales company
- Reputation for success in a consultative sales environments and putting the customer first
- You have developed and nurtured new business and managed sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Able to commute daily to our fun Tysons Corner office (this is not a remote position)
- Stellar interpersonal skills
- A logical and analytical thinker and have demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude, strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also be a contributing member of a team and share your successes
- Desire to grow within sales field organization
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.