Legal Project Manager
Are you analytical, attentive to details, and technically savvy? Do you like managing complex projects and external relationships in a fast-paced environment? If so, we have a place for you at Splunk! Come join us!
We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated individual with at least 5 years of project management experience working with global technology companies. You can get the work done, but also can be strategic -- we’re not looking for just a worker bee! Bring your can-do attitude and service mindset. Familiarity working with legal is a must, as well as with IT, Security, Products and other related partners. You’ll lead meetings, exhibit effective and clear communication, and make a difference. Primary focus will be to manage projects as assigned, which includes planning, budgeting, and tracking engagements, building consensus, assigning activities, monitoring execution and evaluating results.
This role reports directly to the Senior Program Manager of Legal Operations, but clients will span LGA leadership, which include Legal, Government Affairs and Splunk’s social impact arm, Splunk for Good. The right candidate must be technically astute, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on what matters most. This role requires excellent customer service skills and a keen appreciation for the sensitivity and confidentiality of the work. You also must be fun, as we have a great team. Live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
- Consult with different constituencies within LGA to identify real and sustainable solutions.
- Extract requirements, create charters, timelines and project plans. Document scope, estimate required resources, timelines and budgets.
- Lead projects including building consensus to meet stated objectives. Monitor status and execution, providing clear communications to all levels of leadership while staying on time and on budget.
- Form good working relationships with peers local and global, within LGA, other departments or outside of Splunk.
- Lead staff, vendors or contractors on a project-by-project basis.
- Assume ownership for pushing through 3rd party contracts and invoices, as necessary.
- Take a continuous improvement approach to our department’s work and Splunk’s overall business.
- Consider where LGA personnel could benefit from the project management toolbox, and assist in bringing these capabilities to Legal.
- Stay on top of changes and advancements in Legal Technology, Project Management, and related fields.
- Assist in other ways as required.
- Exhibit exemplary project management, communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business. Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to ensure accountability in others.
- At least five 5 years of project management or similar experience in a major law firm, sophisticated in-house legal department, or consulting firm where you have worked closely with legal professionals.
- Experience working with IT, Engineering, Security and other technical groups within the organization.
- Ability to take initiative, make key decisions and work both independently and within a team.
- At least a bachelor's degree, although MBA is preferred.
- Expertise in project management software, office tools (Microsoft Office, G Suite), business intelligence/visualization applications, and collaboration tools.
- Professional certifications or equivalent experience working in Project Management, Information Governance (or related fields), or Legal Technology preferred.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.