Employee Relations Manager, APAC
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As an Employee Relations Manager working remotely, you have knowledge and experience in the key functional areas of HR with a heavy emphasis on Employee Relations (ER). Strong communication and interpersonal skills will help you work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relation issues and projects. You are a champion of our culture and ensure treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our values, core competencies, leadership and conduct expectations.
Splunk's Employee Relations team is chartered to provide both proactive and reactive support for ER & HR Programs and the employee lifecycle. We are a relatively new team and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the build out of the Employee Relations function. Your ability to balance between dedicated projects and urgent response to workplace issues is important for success in this role.
- Manage ER issues that are highly sensitive and often need to be completed with limited time such as: workplace investigations, meaningful interventions, performance management, and coaching
- You will support dedicated ER Programs that improve the employee and manager experience
- You will collaborate with business leaders, HR Business Partner teams, and HR Centers of Excellence to create and maintain positive ER using standard methodologies
- You will develop and deliver training modules in conjunction with our Learning and Development team
- You will help design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback
- You will partner with others to engage in continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices
- You will analyze, diagnose, and provide input to the design of ER programs, policies, and practices
- You have at least 7 years of direct experience in ER, labor relations, or labor/employment law
- You are able to build trust and rapport in the context of daily interactions and investigations: understanding the “art” of ER is the ability to elicit relevant facts and perspectives, while applying the “science” of a strong process and set of standards
- You hold a Bachelor's degree; advanced degree, or other specialized training in labor/ER
- You have a proven understanding of federal and state employment & labor laws
- You have designed and delivered successful training programs
- You are technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- You handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- You are available for occasional travel, based on business needs
- You can develop an objective point of view, aligned with Splunk’s values and can navigate different agendas and desired outcomes, by being curious, balanced, equitable and able to operate with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Experience with case management systems
- You are a standout colleague with strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- You have strong interpersonal and persuasion skills and establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
- You are a highly analytical thinker and a problem solver
- You pay attention to detail are extremely organized
- You have experience with Workday
- You act with a sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
- You hold high-quality judgment and sound decision-making
- You have stellar project and time management skills with ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects to closure
- You exhibit confidence and are an innovative thinker
- You are not satisfied with "checking the box" or just pulling out "what we did at my last job"
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.