Contract Business Analyst - Partner Organization (6 month+ contract)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Business Data Analyst - Partner Organization role is a key role in the partner organization leading in-depth analytics of our partner program organization to understand the effectiveness of the program, measure ROI for initiative based investments, and establish data processes for continuous performance monitoring. This role is for strategic thinkers who are curious about problems and understanding how everything works, driven to support and influence data driven decision across the Global Partner organization, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS company.
We are looking for someone who is both creative in finding solutions to complex processes, but technically savvy to drive measurement, run structured testing and translate data as an internal consultant to the rest of the Global Partner team. You must have a thorough understanding of all channel partners and their associated technologies, so you know how to measure their respective performance. You will also be the evangelist for converting our internal stakeholders into making data driven decisions and driving governance when it comes to constantly improving our operational processes both online and offline channels, monitoring our funnel performance, and driving continuous improvements on how to accurately measure our marketing’s contribution to creating pipeline and revenue.
The right candidate will ask the right questions about the data – not only will she/he knows what kind of data is collected, but why it is being collected and how it is being used to achieve business objectives. To be successful in the role, you will need to partner with different channel owners to understand their short term business and reporting needs but couple that with an eye for building our longer term analytics roadmap.
- Understand the current architecture of Splunk’s partner program, historical partner behavior based on focused investments, and long-term trends in order to identify ways to maximize ROI for Splunk and its partner ecosystem.
- Partner closely with programs, finance, sales and marketing teams, develop internal and external data sources to be used in propensity modeling and predictive analytics.
- Lead complex analytical initiatives, correlation analysis, developing tracking, combining data from multiple sources to extract meaning, reconcile assumptions, and enable the executive team to make data driven decisions.
- Work as a liaison with Finance in annual planning process, setting budget targets and measuring operating performance in a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Lead renewal and partner behavioral analysis to reduce customer churn and increase renewals.
- Salesforce dashboard automation and ad hoc reporting.
- Pipeline dashboard creation, lead conversion, campaign success tracking.
- Establish baseline metrics, business value drivers, monitor "key performance improvements" documentation, and reporting on improvement results ensuring adoption of the new processes across the business
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree;
- Past experience in working as a Business Analyst preferable in finance or partner roles.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen & solid understanding of working with partners and indirect organizations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proven experience being successful in driving results through data outcomes
- Experience working cross functionally across an executive staff to achieve business goals
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.