Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Legal is looking for an experienced and motivated paralegal whose primary role would be to support the Products Legal Team, under the supervision of a Splunk attorney.
Personal Characteristics and Skills:
To succeed in this role, you will need to have excellent critical thinking ability; maintain a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability; and be detailed and highly organized. You should be able to work optimally, independently, as well as collaboratively and flexibly in a collegial, fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. You should possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be able to build trusted relationships across teams. You should be self-motivated, self-reliant, and curious.
- Support product development, readiness and releases by reviewing product release checklists for issues related to intellectual property matters, open source, data privacy & security, marketing, competition, and other legal and regulatory issues, then driving resolution of those issues
- Engage with product team members, including product managers, release managers, software engineers, data scientists, technical writers and marketing managers
- Draft, review, negotiate and handle inbound license agreements, service agreements, NDAs, and other transactional documents as needed
- Provide legal support for various marketing activities, including review of product collateral and program materials
- Help build, maintain and scale project management process and knowledge management, including process automation (such as product legal audit software tools) and procedures for the review of new features, functionality, products and services
- Update and maintain templates, playbooks and guidelines based on laws, rules and regulatory guidance
- Assist in handling and coordinating training programs delivered to organizations within the company
- Support M&A activities of Splunk and any integration work
- Collaborate with Legal Operations to configure and maintain tools and technologies that increase our efficiency and value to the business
- Develop positive, strong, and collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners across Splunk to enhance our effectiveness and ability to deliver on complex tasks
- Pitch in on other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 or more years of experience providing paralegal support at a technology company legal department
- Product support experience required
- Experience with commercial inbound transactions, marketing collateral review, data privacy issues, and copyright issues
- Knowledge of intellectual property laws and licensing concepts
- Experience with open source reviews
- Technical savvy – must have strong computer skills, including with office productivity software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Drive, etc.) and be open to exploring new technical tools to help the team
- Ability to balance multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about tech and love learning new technologies!
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in certain locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.