Sr. Accounting Strategy & Operations Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Sr. Accounting Strategy and Operations Manager is a key player in our global accounting organization and will report to the Senior Director, Assistant Controller. You will be required to quickly understand the depth and breadth of internal functions and processes and provide strategic and tactical support, thought and operational leadership to help execute projects and process improvements, as well as support the ERP implementation. To be successful, you will be a critical thinker and have a proven track record in bringing ideas and initiatives to life. You possess the ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams as you build reporting and analytics capabilities for the accounting organization. We are looking for an individual who has excellent systems and process building skills, outstanding problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth.
- You will be responsible for applying your systems and process expertise to help standardize and improve accounting processes.
- Lead development of continuous improvement programs, implementation, and maintenance of global processes, systems, controls, and policies for the accounting organization.
- Implement a robust reporting and analytics framework that will inform the business and identify improvement opportunities. This includes reporting for leadership and business partners to drive improvements across key metrics and reduce cycle times in the close process among others.
- Assist in driving the accounting transformation program including the ERP Implementation, RPA/Automation initiatives while incorporating best practices and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with various teams in the accounting organization and IT to drive business requirements, data gathering/migration and UAT testing to help implement technical solutions to standardize, automate and simplify processes.
- Participate in change management activities associated with all process improvements, engaging leadership and partners to obtain support and consensus for continued change.
- Develop performance metrics to measure the impact of implemented process changes.
- Collaborate with various teams in the accounting organization, Internal Audit, FP&A and IT to ensure development and implementation of appropriate processes, operations and systems.
- Provide operational oversight on the future design and approach to help scale the continued growth of Splunk's business.
- Engage weekly with key business partners to stay in alignment with the project's objectives and outcomes as it pertains to meeting business needs, company goals and initiatives.
- Identify, communicate, and raise any issues and risks promptly and formally.
- Understand business initiatives to regularly assess accounting systems to identify gaps and develop a strategy to meet current and future business needs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of related experience, or Master’s Degree with 8+ years experience with 4+ years demonstrated experience leading business process transformations.
- You have strong functional knowledge of Procure to Pay, Record to Report and Order to Cash.
- You bring demonstrated experience as a leader with exceptional business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- You have experience in large scale Finance ERP or system implementations, preferably in a fast-growing software or SaaS company.
- You have the ability to influence and communicate at the Executive level and affect change at all levels of the organization.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and a high threshold for fun.
- SAP or other global ERP system experience is preferred
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.