Senior Director, Deal Desk
As the Senior Director of Finance - Deal Desk, you will be an involved and important leader within the Splunk Finance team and will play a pivotal role in driving the Deal Desk function that will support Splunk’s Global Sales teams. This position will provide a mechanism to support non-standard deal requests and help sales navigate back office functions. Sales will focus on customer facing activities, while the Deal Desk helps coordinate interactions with internal teams as needed. This role will be responsible for establishing the ground rules, work with sales and other internal teams and help structure and support sales engagement. The role will require thought leadership and the ability to work cross-functionally with the business and liaison between the Sales teams and external customer requirements. This is a highly visible role that will report into the Chief Accounting Officer and will work daily supporting global Splunk Sales teams, Sales leadership, Finance, Accounting, and Legal organizations.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and executing processes, influencing deal structuring, and pricing, contract management, work effectively with Sales and most importantly build a successful deal desk function. As a self-motivated problem solver, vast experience is required in building teams and implementing business processes.
• Build, grow, lead and develop highly skilled deal desk and quote support teams to enable our Sales teams success
• Develop lean deal desk processes to enable the efficiency of our Field Sales teams
• Lead daily quote approval process, non-standard deal requirements and deal review cycle
• Maintain an evolving subject matter expertise in pricing trends and competitive pressures to recommend competitive deal structures
• Sustain Field Sales accountability across deal requirements
• Display senior level influence to gain organizational support for any necessary process and/or pricing changes
• Develop comprehensive KPIs to track the team’s success
• Ability to think critically in a structured fashion and translate leadership discussions into an analytical decision-making framework
.• Ability to hold peers accountable, employing quantitative and qualitative approaches to decision framework.
• Ability to build, grow and lead a streamlined and successful deal desk function
Support global organizations; operate a deal desk function at an enterprise software company and experience running contractual negotiations and/or a team responsible for contractual negotiation.
Work cross-functionally to improve business processes
Possess thorough understanding of all industry standard and non-standard software selling models, including subscription, SaaS, term, perpetual, consumption, etc.
Must have deep understanding of revenue recognition requirements
• Ability to motivate, train, and lead remote teams
• Always think creatively and seek solutions for our customers.
• 12+ years in Deal Desk management or similar Sales Operations function
• Outstanding contract negotiation skills and ability to develop such skills in others
• Flexible, dependable, self-starter, who is not afraid of uncertainty
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying
.For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.