Director Strategic Alliances, IT Markets Ecosystem (SF Bay Area)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the "Director, Strategic Alliances for the IT Markets Ecosystem" you will be responsible for developing and driving the ecosystem strategy for Splunk’s IT Market in order to broaden and differentiate this group of products and services in the marketplace via partnerships. The Global Strategic Alliances team builds partnerships that open new market segments and build leverage for Splunk sales. You will collaborate across multiple Splunk functional teams to identify partnering opportunities, execute an appropriate partnering agreement and then lead the partner relationship. You will work across the entire organization to execute strategic initiatives and have profound knowledge of the IT Markets, including familiarity with existing IT Markets solutions by market sub-segment, how the market is evolving, competitive dynamics, an understanding of Splunk’s current position across each market sub-segment and how to efficiently improve Splunk’s position via a partner ecosystem.
- Define the IT Markets ecosystem strategy and drive partnering efforts to build a focused partner ecosystem that improves Splunk’s competitive positioning while growing sales in this space
- Work with engineering, product management and corporate development to identify prospective technology partners to augment Splunk’s product offerings
- Screen and manage inbound requests from companies that want to partner with Splunk in the IT Markets
- Ensure that partners are effectively complementing Splunk’s IT Markets strategy via appropriate market positioning and business investment
- Prioritize partners' requests to use Splunk resources across field sales, marketing, channel sales and engineering
- Drive prioritized GTM programs with Splunk’s marketing team and the alliance partners
- Evangelize Splunk's products and ecosystem via speaking at conferences and meetings with industry leads, partners and Splunk customers
- Minimum of 10 years of cross-functional experience in alliance and business development roles with enterprise IT Markets technologies. Experience as a IT Markets practitioner a plus
- Reputable experience with business development with emphasis on strategy and GTM experience that lead to growth in sales in the IT Markets space
- Technical aptitude and previous hands on experience with one of the following: ITOA, DevOps, Observability, API software
- The candidate should be knowledgeable of the big data analytics approaches to IT Markets
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to build effective presentations. Public speaking experiences a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Experience working and managing within a matrix organizational structure
- Able to travel; travel to industry conferences, customer sites and sales offices both domestic and international
- Location: Bay Area only (we are only considering local candidates to our SF or San Jose office and not able to relocate)
- BS in computer science or engineering preferred; MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.