Director of Product Management, Mobile and Connected Experiences
The Director of Product Management for Splunk’s Connected Experiences will be responsible for leading the efforts to scope, design, and implement a set of connected applications (mobile, voice, TV, AR) that support the visualization, analysis, and monitoring of machine data, along with a vision to drive contextual actions from the insights gleaned from these experiences.
The role requires a hands-on leader with experience as a product manager of mobile applications who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for Splunk’s Connected Experiences; build and develop a world-class product management team; collaborate with and drive a team of innovators and engineers to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define the product vision and strategy for Splunk’s Connected Experiences portfolio.
- Ensure understanding of market direction, emerging customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product and engineering teams can design and implement new products and offerings.
- Understand similar offerings in the market, and formulate a strategy around how to address common business challenges with creative and disruptive solutions.
- Enhance existing products and work with sales and marketing to drive market adoption.
- Partner closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as execution schedule.
Required Skills and Background
- 5+ years in product management at an enterprise software company, and/or 5+ years as a product management leader for a best-in-class mobile application.
- Strong track record of success as a product management leader.
- Experience and familiarity with software products for IT management, big data, and/or business analytics.
- Experience developing, launching, and optimizing mobile applications.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, enterprise technology environment.
- Passionate about team culture with high emphasis on execution, customer advocacy, and a fun working environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.