Business Process Lead - Business Transformation
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a member of the Business Transformation team at Splunk, you are a part of the Global Business Operations function leading meaningful, transformative work that Splunk needs to build strategies that can be operationalized and sustained over the long term - positioning our company for continued growth.
We are looking for a strategic thinker with excellent business acumen that can support end-to-end value streams, define and align on a clear strategic direction, develop differentiating capabilities, reimagine organizational and operating models, and take full advantage of digitization.
You will provide subject matter expertise on a range of process improvement and process management activities. You will be responsible for comprehensively evaluating business architecture and capabilities, data gathering and analysis, providing best practices around that capability or researching where applicable, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, developing performance metrics, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards.
If you have deep knowledge in Product/NPI, GTM, Sales, and/or Finance areas in a SaaS environment and are excited about bringing that expertise into Splunk, then this role is for you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Understand the company’s operating model and commercial objectives and map the business architecture to translate into scalable organization design and standardized business processes.
- Assist Business Transformation Program Managers in process delivery and process re-engineering; anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop/implement solutions.
- Leverage expertise in industry best practices, policies, procedures, and methodologies to establish process excellence and ensure transformation objectives are met.
- Familiar with execution within agile software delivery frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc.) especially for the automation of business processes, improvements, or redesigns
- Analyze existing “AS IS” process leveraging different techniques and methods, including documentation of the existing flow.
- Provide expertise on the “TO BE” process and work with SME's to obtain agreement.
- Gather requirements and use cases from SME's using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with IT to define and implement system solutions.
- Create a formal network and acs as the liaison between business stakeholders, users, and technical teams.
- Collaborate with the business and IT in the drafting of the business requirements / use cases, test scripts / acceptance criteria, and training materials for various transformation initiatives.
- Collaborate with the business to ensure business readiness, assist crafting change strategies, and transfer knowledge/ execute change strategy for any new process / system.
- Ensure integrity of the business architecture / capability leveraging deep subject matter expertise and previous experience to ensure it is designed and developed correctly.
Who You Are & What's Makes You Qualified:
- Minimum of 10 years of Business Process Improvement experience
- Deep experience in the Product/NPI, GTM, Sales, and/or Finance areas in a SaaS environment
- Strong background in evaluating business architecture, establishing current state business process models and providing process improvement / redesign
- Solid experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Strong organizational and business analysis skills
- Familiar with/ able to drive the Agile development and release methodologies, especially for automation of business processes, improvements/ redesigns
- Understanding of enterprise technologies (Salesforce, CPQ, Gainsight, SAP, Celonis, etc.)
- Ability to work across cross-functional groups and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity
- Consulting or Six Sigma experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.