Director of Engineering - Cloud and Data Platform
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about developing cloud-native platform development? We are! Join us in Cloud and Data Platform to develop high quality microservices that scale to allow customers and developers to collect massive amounts of data and visualize to investigate and discover value from their data.
Splunk’s Cloud and Data Platform area is looking for a seasoned engineering leader to help develop and grow a team of passionate platform service engineers to develop and improve a set of cloud-native services which provide developers and all Splunk users in a new and exciting way from existing products available today.
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. You will be responsible for driving your team to work closely across multiple engineering areas and locations. As we drive forward for the success of our customers you will hold the team accountable to achieve goals of engineering excellence and product value.
Your job includes collaborating closely with your peers across all Engineering areas as well as product management, program management, UX and documentation cross-functional teams to help your team deliver success to our customers. We want you to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives.
You will be in high demand and this role requires a strong leader who brings a ton of empathy while holding the line of high quality, frequent product releases. Provide enough structure to bring about prioritization of work that has the biggest impact for Splunk’s customers while allowing flexibility, empowerment of teams to deliver beyond our customers’ expectations.Requirements:
- Experience hiring and developing teams within an existing organization to work side-by-side with other teams
- Experience hiring and developing of engineers who recognize that ops is a part of their job responsibility and ensure delivery of quality services which reduce incidents and focus on the success of our customers
- Developing team identity, empowering direct reports and building career growth options for your team
- Experience working directly with customers and training engineers how to work with customers
- Experience working with Platform teams who support internal and external customers
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 15+ years of industry experience, of which 5+ years is in Engineering Management
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top talent.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer success.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an exceptional environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.