Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Role: AVP, Civilian
Location: Greater Washington, DC area
We are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team as Area Vice President, Civilian Federal Sales out of our McLean office. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets and proven expertise in building and leading high performing sales organizations. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, get involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- An open, encouraging, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- An individual that has success hiring and developing high performing Federal Sales teams.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments.
- Strong influencer at (C-suite) executive level and addressing key business issues.
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective.
- Directly lead the sales directors/leaders covering the Civilian segments of the federal government and work closely with assigned technical resources and other functional teams.
- Consistently deliver software license revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Review the activities and performance of staff under supervision, setting expectations and providing mentorship and direction as needed; ensure that managers do the same for their staff.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Effectively manage segment by considering all accounts collectively; establish accurate account plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to achieve overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, sales process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key revenue opportunities in target markets throughout the Region.
- Develop & lead integrated campaigns with marketing, channel, BD and customer success teams to drive pipeline growth. Monitor results and adjust strategies as needed.
- Unearth customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to improve growth objectives.
- Maintain market and competitor intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company’s competitiveness.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to build a seamless customer experience.
- Use CR, analytics and reporting systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 10+ years leading federal sales teams; or equivalent experience
- Second or third line sales management experience required.
- 5+ years selling software or SaaS based solutions to the Civilian community.
- Relevant software industry expertise in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, cyber security, business applications and/or analytics. Experience with cloud / SaaS solutions is a huge plus.
- Proven history of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
- Gartner's 2020 Magic Quadrant Leader for SIEM
- Named Top 5 on the 2020 Fortune Future 50 list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for Women, Parents, and in Technology
- Chief Technical Adviser for Public Sector, Juliana Vida, named as one of Washington Exec's Top 25 Cyber Execs
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.