DevOps Engineer – Engineering Services
DevOps Engineer – Engineering Services
Do you have a track record in coordinating and supporting critical services in an engineering organization? Do you excel at providing world-class customer service? Are you passionate about the latest container technology? Do you want to take your career to the next level by working on all aspects of one of the largest Docker Enterprise deployments, and working alongside some of the sharpest engineers in the industry?
As a DevOps Engineer for Engineering Services, you will be at the heart of Splunk’s engineering process building software that empowers engineering to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing and testing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
We ensure Splunk's success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and providing scalable infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We impact Splunk Engineers and our customers by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested.
We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building, operating and maintaining scalable infrastructure and services for our CI/CD pipeline which enable and help developers deliver quality software to customers quickly.
- Build and operate advanced CI/CD infrastructure and pipeline.
- Lead infrastructure and services deployed on cloud and co-location.
- Manage large Docker/k8’s clusters, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS,GCP, Azure) Artifactory, Jenkins pipelines.
- Maintain and operate tools and services that enable developers to quickly build and test software rapidly.
- Identify performance bottlenecks, anomalies and do RCA of incidents and outages.
- Customer obsession; Build an outstanding customer experience for engineers using our infrastructure.
- Provide self-service access for engineering teams to deploy, scale and access infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- 4 + years of hands on DevOps engineering experience
- Experience creating and maintaining large-scale production systems.
- Exposure to Containers, microservices, cloud technologies.
- Experience with any Container orchestration: Kubernetes(k8’s), Docker Swarm(UCP), Mesos, Rancher. Openshift.
- Experience with at least one Cloud Technology. (AWS-including EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, load balancer, CloudFormation, GCP, Azure).
- CI/CD automation using either Jenkins, Bamboo, Codeship, Gitlab or similar.
- Linux (ssh, including bash/shell scripting)
- Familiarity with istio, helm, kubernetes operator is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Consul, Packer,Vault, KeyCloak a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with either Artifactory, DockerHub, Quay, Nexus is also a plus.
- Scripting using Python, Go, or similar would be a plus. As well as knowledge of Ansible, puppet, chef
- System monitoring and log management using Splunk, Elasticsearch, Logstash or similar is a plus.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.