Trade Compliance Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated individual to join Splunk’s growing Compliance, Employment & Risk team which includes Compliance Advisory & Engagement, Litigation & Investigations, Employment, and support of Splunk’s PubSec compliance efforts. You will lead Splunk’s export compliance program coordinating closely with partners across the Company. The person in this role will be highly collaborative and entrepreneurial, innovating, driving, and scaling best-in-class trade compliance programs, building relationships and driving strategy across multiple functions while anticipating evolving risk in an international market. You are flexible, creative, and self-motivated—showing initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness, a strong work ethic, reciprocal approach, excellent problem-solving skills, and sense of humor. This position will be based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA (SOMA) or San Jose, CA (Santana Row) and will report to the Director, Compliance Advisory & Engagement.
As Trade Compliance Manager, you will work across teams to support Splunk’s trade/export compliance program. You will:
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to U. S. government programs and regulations addressing export compliance for both enterprise and cloud products and services.
- Provide advice and counseling on a variety of international trade compliance matters.
- Monitor US Export Compliance and Foreign Trade regulations affecting the Company.
- Lead the restricted/denied party screening process working with cross-functional partners including on-going review and audit.
- Collaborate with business leaders across the Company to develop export compliance strategy and ensure strategic alignment and outcomes.
- Develop and provide international export compliance training across the organization.
- Devise innovative ways to increase awareness of international compliance issues through outreach and communication.
- Work with cross functional internal partners to resolve transactional issues arising from export compliance requirements.
- Review proposed transactions to identify and determine potential licensing requirements under the EAR, and/or other regulations and prepare and submit license applications as appropriate.
- Innovate and drive scalable processes and procedures to support a rapidly-growing business.
- Define and implement metrics tracking trade compliance processes and operations.
- Engage with Legal colleagues on the appropriate determination of product Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs).
- Lead export compliance record-keeping and reporting efforts and monitor export compliance activities and procedures across Splunk.
- Educate and train employees on international policy changes and new directives.
- Support and assist on various compliance programs and initiatives arising within the Compliance Advisory & Engagement team as required.
The candidate must have:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience leading a trade compliance program for an international organization.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience interacting with BIS, OFAC, U. S. Customs and other government agencies on trade compliance issues.
- Deep knowledge of the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations requirements.
- Regulatory experience with ITAR, EAR and OFAC Sanctions Regulations, Anti-Boycott, Foreign Trade Regulations, and export classification.
- Demonstrated interest in international trade issues and events is essential.
- Knowledge of import and export regulations of other countries a plus.
- Experience addressing export compliance issues arising from cloud services and enterprise software solutions.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and work independently.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to provide practical, actionable advice to broad range of business stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-moving, quickly-changing environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently.
- Experience working with or in a fast-paced multinational b2b or enterprise software company with a channel sales model preferred.
- Experience creating and conducting formal presentations and trainings internationally.
- Sense of Humor!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.