Marketing Operations & Technology Specialist, Global Events Marketing
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
Are you the type of person that sees every challenge as an opportunity and takes pride in rising to the occasion? Do you dream of onboarding new event technologies to scale Splunk’s Global Event Marketing (GEM) growth engine? We have an amazing opportunity to expand our Marketing Operations team in the US with this role reporting into the Sr. Marketing Operations Manager.
We are seeking an individual proficient in MarTech and event management, passionate about learning new tools and methodologies and improving our Marketing performance. This person will be a critical partner in online and offline events owned by the GEM team. Responsibilities include owning key pieces of the global marketing infrastructure (e.g. scoring, support, administration, data), setting the marketing technology roadmap for marketing partners, project management, communicating business impact, and the like.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Partner with our GEM team on the production of strategic events and help with challenges such as improving segmentation capabilities, integrating technology requests, reporting on event metrics, and analyzing event data to measure success.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functioning teams to drive alignment and execution of event results.
- Deliver on these roadmaps from concept through enablement to ensure high adoption and high success. This includes handling project timelines, communication, expectations, etc.
- Take ownership of global processes, including support, maintenance, documentation, enablement, and enhancement requests. Processes include things such as data strategy, enrichment, standardization, scoring, routing, etc.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to support event needs and lead implementation efforts of event technologies and our marketing technology landscape.
- Understanding of contemporary B2B marketing and industry best practices for automation tools like Eloqua and SFDC. Need to have familiarity with concepts such as assessing lead scoring performance, optimizing integrations between Marketing Automation and SFDC, user and data security practices, GDPR/CAN-SPAM/CASL compliance, etc.
- Take direction, coaching, and adapt to a changing environment with agility. Team-first mentality.
- Bring new insights to the table and seek improvement and efficiency at every turn. Have an eye for scale and automation.
Requirements: I’ve already done that!
- Experience with modern marketing technology stacks (Eloqua, Marketo, Salesforce). Certifications in MarTech systems highly desirable.
- Experience with event tools including Cvent, Swoogo, Intrado, Rainfocus, ON24, or similar platforms.
- 2 years of experience in marketing operations or similar operations functions (e.g. Sales Ops, Business Ops) or supporting agencies/consultancies
- B.A. in Marketing, Technology, Business, or related field, or related work experience
- Impeccable written and verbal skills, articulate and clear
- Proven track record of success and dedication to goals.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.