Senior Professional Services Consultant
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Are you looking to make an impact?
The work you do will directly influence the experience of our customers. As a Senior Professional Services Consultant, you will create solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make a deep impact across the organisations you support. You'll solve our customers most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Are you up for the challenge?
What will you be doing?
- Drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to resolve their unique problems.
- Work with a team of incredibly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from the Field, Sales Engineering and Customer Support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- The ability to empower customers to take on the next wave of questions on their own.
- A chance to share cutting edge ways of doing things and create innovative solutions to promote user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- A stable, respectful and collaborative work environment.
That sounds great - what experience do you need?
Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. You will be adept at mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, finance or mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Recent experience in technical consulting or big data analytics.
- Passion for Splunk products and the solutions we bring to our customers.
- You can collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation gathered from customer input.
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface.
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools.
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen to technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level partners.
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance).
- Not required, but a plus: statistical and analytical modeling.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% within Australia.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing environment while working independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Australian Government Security Clearance
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.