Director Engineering - Developer Platform Infrastructure
The Developer Platform Infrastructure organization develops robust and resilient platform solutions for building, testing and deploying Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing system design, SaaS, cloud and agile management expertise to build, develop and mentor an exceptional team that is integral to the next generation platforms enabling Splunk products.
What we’re looking for
A forward-thinking engineering leader who is passionate about the journey into the cloud. Build and lead a team of Software Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability, testability and observability, along with the operational aspects required to create a world-class customer experience. This requires experience in designing, operating, administering and supporting mission-critical services to support a diverse engineering organization along with experience in developing microservices in a native cloud environment.
What you provide
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams
- Adept at articulating the product vision and drive the future roadmap in collaboration with leadership and key partners
- Experience in shaping the future of CI/CD architecture to smoothly transition from Enterprise large scale software development into the Cloud delivery model
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure
- Cloud, container and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, UCP, AWS/GCP, Jenkins, Gitlab, Ansible.
- Provide mentorship and career development
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Observability infrastructure exposure to ensure 24/7 operational excellence and data driven decision making.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field .
- 10+ years proven experience in managing internal infrastructure, developer tools or distributed computing infrastructure teams
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to be excited and have utmost ownership of your projects.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s offerings.
- You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing leaders through ownership and opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.