Product Designer, GDI
Design at Splunk
Design at Splunk is at the center of how we build and ship products our users love to use. We’re a team of designers, user researchers, and design program managers that adapt quickly and focus on delivering clear and beautiful enterprise solutions to our customers.
We're looking for a Product Designer to contribute to our data ingestion and collection efforts within the GDI (Get Data In) design team. You'll be involved in the full life-cycle of design and partner with product managers and engineers to deliver phenomenal experiences to our users, enabling them to demonstrate the full power of Splunk. Your job is to ensure that the experience is simple, intuitive, and consistent throughout with strong system thinking. You need to embrace the user research mindset and can iterate your design based on both quantitative and qualitative findings.
- A curious problem solver with energy and enthusiasm who wants to make the data ingestion and collection process simple.
- Focused on driving customer and business outcomes and know how to deliver great experiences while balancing technical limitations when appropriate.
- Collaborative and love working closely with product management and engineering teams to deeply understand business direction, customer needs, and the way our user experience strategy can meet those.
- Keep iterating designs to improve user-centered experiences for Splunk’s Get Data In (GDI) service.
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity designs.
- Get a deeper understanding of the data ingestion and collection processes and define the breakdown and potentials to influence future service offerings.
- Leverage the current design systems but propose any new pattern if the existing ones cannot satisfy the use cases.
- Test design concepts with customers or internal stakeholders and be able to conduct usability studies, interview sessions.
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout product development (including user research, product management, and engineering).
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software to end-users. You have an amazing portfolio, demonstrating both your clean design sense, user focus, and commitment to tackling complex workflows.
- Understanding of design systems, and experience in leveraging, and contributing to design systems.
- Expert in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (we use Figma for our daily works, and it’s a bonus if you are familiar with the tool.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in a remote environment Experience collaborating with other designers and departments - you’re comfortable taking and incorporating feedback from other team members
- Not afraid of project or product ambiguity and willing to learn new skills and knowledge
Bonus to have:
- Worked in the data domain or tackled issues related to getting data into complex systems.
- Worked on cloud and SaaS-based products and solutions.
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations.
- Experience building the design system to define and centralize patterns.
You will begin building relationships with your team, peers, and other stakeholders. You will get an understanding of our key experience across different product lines, North Star strategy, and journey map in the GDI space.
Based on the understanding of existing user research and key strategies, you will be involved in specific projects ranging from high-level research validation to detailed solution design. You will deliver findings, wireframes, prototypes, and developer specs throughout the process.
After successfully completing a couple of projects, you will be an active contributor to new ideas for innovation and improvement.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a remote position located in the US. You must be able to work in the West Coast time zone (PST). For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.