Commercial Sales Engineer Intern
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Splunk Sales Engineer you will be responsible for the technical elements of the sales cycle, enabling your prospects and customers to understand how Splunk can meet their requirements and becoming their trusted advisor. Your role is based at the location specified in your contract of employment, where you will be expected to work, except when travelling to client locations or by prior agreement with your manager.
Over time in this role you will gain Splunk Sales Engineer Certification and develop deep Splunk skills and broader domain knowledge that you will use in many different aspects of your work:
- Deliver various standardised technical product webinars
- Undertake discovery calls/conversations with prospects, both with and without your sales counterpart, to discover and/or validate opportunities.
- Deliver consultative presentations, demonstrations and workshops to help prospects understand how Splunk addresses their technical and business requirements, and how it differs from alternative solutions.
- Own the technical strategy for opportunities you work on.
- Determine the most appropriate form of Solution Validation for your opportunities and manage them to a successful outcome.
- Create custom demonstrations based on customer use-cases and/or data to demonstrate Splunk’s ability to meet their requirements.
- Respond to the technical elements of RFI/RFPs where sales and technical management have determined it is appropriate to make a response.
- Answer technical questions from prospects and customers
- Attend and work on the stand at trade events.
- Make general recommendations on Splunk solutions architecture
- Identify and manage any technical issues throughout the sales lifecycle to the satisfaction of the prospect.
- You will bring strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You will bring Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems to the team
- Languages are beneficial
- You are in university and will return to full time study upon completion of the internship
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.