IT Service Desk Intern
Please note, we will only consider applications from students in full time study who will return to university upon completion of the internship.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an undergraduate student interested in building a career in sales? Are you seeking to learn from an established, successful team in the software/IT industry?
The IT Service Desk intern role will allow you to thrive in an environment that appeals to your self-sufficient and resourceful nature, while working closely with your counterparts on leveraging standards and procedures.
- Support the local Splunk staff based in the London office as well as remote staff throughout Europe.
- Assist new hires during the onboarding process to ensure their IT-issued equipment functions as planned, as well as providing basic intros to some of the IT systems
- Resolve technical problems in partnership with the broader IT Ops team with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and WIFI/Support on site Shoretel phone system/ Assist with troubleshooting Server and Network issues
- Respond to queries either in person, on the phone or via email/Maintain daily performance of computer systems/Triage problems by asking appropriate questions to determine the nature of problem. Walk remote users through problem-solving process/ follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical certification
- Strong customer service, problem solving, and teamworking abilities
- Some experience of providing desktop support/some experience in fixing hardware as well as software installation
- Ability to engage comfortably with executives and other key personnel under pressure
- Prior knowledge or exposure to Splunk, while not required, is a plus
- Maintaining & Troubleshooting corporate, PC, Mac’s printers, faxes, and phone system
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.