Sr. Analyst - Technology Risk
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial Senior Analyst who is passionate about delivering technology assurance, advisory, compliance and risk management services to the company. You want to make a difference at Splunk and stand out from others by being an influencer. You will build consultative, partnership relationships with business owners, internal/external auditors, and engineering teams to drive risk mitigation, process gaps, maturity and internal controls management. You are a detail oriented, analytical, upbeat and creative leader and someone who thrives in a dynamic environment. You are responsible for assessing controls across various frameworks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You are experienced in Cloud environments or work in the software industry. You will need to have experience working with engineers on translating compliance requirements to them in a technical manner and assessing their work. You are willing and able to travel (domestic and international) for approximately 10 to 20% of the time.
- You will own and handle the assessment of various compliance frameworks, including any of the following: SOC 2, ISO 27001, NIST
- You will engage with business and control owners, internal & external auditors, as well as Splunk leadership on new and ongoing control initiatives
- You will assist in the planning and execution of technology and security assessments within Splunk's Operations and Technology areas
- You will use your familiarity with cloud and cybersecurity knowledge to assess controls
- You will develop dashboards and metrics for measuring efficacy of implemented controls
- You will design automation to enable scalability of the compliance programs
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of experience
- You have extensive hands on experience of reviewing technologies including OS, databases, network infrastructure, application security, Linux/Windows system security, networking, mobile device security, cloud technologies and applications (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS environments, etc.).
- You have experience in designing, implementing and validating controls from at least two industry and regulatory frameworks and standards (e.g. NIST, SOC2, ISO27001, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, OWASP, ITIL, etc).
- Professional certifications e.g. CISSP, CEH, CIPP, CISM, PMP, CISA are a plus. Strong leadership, communication, presentation and social skills to be able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues and management.
- Proficient in systems / technology “As-Is vs. To-Be” analysis.
- You are a team-player with high EQ.
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic, efficient and can work independently to multitask and lead workload to timely completion.
- Experience in international company operations and proficiency in foreign language a plus.
- Familiar with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) concepts a plus.
- You have skills in MS Excel, Word and Presentation with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.