Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorating each other’s success.
Splunk's GDI (Getting Data In) team is responsible for building products, tools, and technologies used by thousands of Splunk customers to bring data from a large number of systems and products into Splunk. We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to work as part of the team chartered with getting data into Splunk and ready for analysis as quick and easy as possible.
What you'll do
- Use your technological knowledge to build Splunk Technology Add-Ons to integrate IT and Security systems and devices with Splunk analytics
- Extract Knowledge Objects (KO) from logs using Regular Expressions and Splunk’s Search Processing Language (SPL)
- Analyze the information provided in logs and map it to Splunk's Common Information Model (CIM)
- Research the optimal ways of extracting data from IT and Security Devices and Services
- Run CI pipelines to test software and fix bugs
- Collaborate with teammates and other groups, such as Product Management, on solving common data ingestion issues
- Address customer issues on a timely manner
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in any of the following: IT systems, security, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, and/or data analytics.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
- Knowledge of regular expression
- Experience working with popular Cloud services and open-source projects is desirable
- Ability and motivation to learn scripting and programming
- Programming experience or knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Splunk or other SIEM/Log Management tools is a plus
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or mathematics or equivalent work experience
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.