Manager of Cloud Technical Support Services
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Manager of Cloud Technical Support Services will play a key leadership role in transforming how, what and where Splunk Support is delivered. In this role, you will be focused on leading a growing team of highly technical and dedicated Support Engineers in addition to leading strategic projects. Splunk is rapidly growing and will continue to scale at a fast pace. This Splunker will become an integral part of the leadership team, and will have the opportunity to have a high level of impact for many years to come.
Escalation and Incidents
- Serve as the top-line escalation point for high-priority support cases including overall triage and management.
- Report metrics and case management updates to executive and account teams.
- Coordinate appropriate resources to achieve issue resolution for our larger accounts.
- Deliver strategic projects on a timely basis.
- Analyze and implement new Support ticketing systems.
- Build processes that scale and meet the needs of the business and our customers.
- Provide day-to-day management for direct reports, ensuring they can be successful in assigned performance objectives.
- Key partner to product management and development teams, collaborating with engineering to resolve core product issues.
- Partner with the team to identify, monitor and report trends.
- Build, implement and improve internal reporting, and other processes to optimize team productivity.
- Position is based out of our Plano, TX office.
- 5+ years of leadership within a Global Customer Support / Technical Support organization.
- 10+ years of proven success working directly with customers within a technology company.
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products is highly coveted.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent presentation skills coupled with a strong leadership presence.
- Communication as a core strength. Heavy focus on using data to articulate a story or an issue.
- Dedicated to champion the customer problem until resolution.
- Excellent time management skills and a strong sense of urgency.
- Initiative and desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with the latest trends; real passion for solving technical problems.
- Experience working with and improving Support ticketing systems.
- Flexibility to handle critical cases after hours as needed.
- Knowledge of Splunk technical concepts is desirable.
- Committed to creating and developing high-performing team that promotes the Splunk culture.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.