Manager, UX Design
As a leader you will be a hands-on manager of a small time charged with designing, testing, and releasing features in a rapid iterative cycle. You will also do hands-on design and interact with our users, top-class teams of engineers in the area and around the world who have come to view SignalFx as critical to their own mission, to learn their needs and generate new product ideas. This is a unique opportunity to have defining impact on a complex and rapidly evolving product that is quickly becoming central to the development of modern applications.
- Actively lead the team of designers, watching out for their careers, reviewing their work, and communicating around responsibilities and performance.
- Interact with our users, understand their needs, and become their champion in the design process.
- Develop new methods for making the voice of the user present in our design process.
- Take the power of SignalFx and make it accessible to our users via an elegant and intuitive interface.
- Find elegant solutions to complex problems, and communicate them clearly.
- Follow through from ideation to realization, from brainstorm to the last details of implementation.
- 8+ years of UX, HCI, or related experience.
- Flexibility, and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- At least one experiencing managing a senior team.
- No fear of complexity.
- Ability to fit into a highly collaborative, passionate, multidisciplinary environment, and work closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Visual design skills.
- User research experience a strong plus.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.