Director Product Management - Search
Director Product Management - Search
Join us as we pursue our exciting vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a seasoned technical product management leader to drive the future of industry leading search platform at Splunk. You will be responsible for Splunk’s next generation search services, query language, metadata management and making sure it can be easily adopted across Splunk’s product portfolio, and extends Splunk’s reach to both current and new customer profiles
You will use your understanding of the search/data platforms, analytics and big data ecosystem to synthesize ideas that improve Splunk's search service offering. Your cross-team collaboration skills will enable those improvements to be conceptualized and delivered to drive meaningful and impactful business outcomes.
You will work on the Data Platform area at Splunk, so a real empathy for the needs of developers is vital, and a work history that includes some time in engineering roles is likely a plus. Ideally you have experience running customer advisory boards.
You will merge attention to technical detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives, while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Lead the product management team to assess market opportunities and define/refine products and services
- Lead, coach, mentor, and inspire a team of product managers and own a specific product portfolio.
- Partnering closely with Engineering, SRE and field teams to plan, drive and execute product initiatives
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Drive product vision and roadmap based on customers needs, market and technology trends
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- 6-8 years of experience in product management for Enterprise products
- Proven track record of building/mentoring product teams, scaling product growth and delivering key business outcomes
- Experience building search platform services/products focused on large scale distributed search processing, query language, high availability, performance and scalability
- Familiarity with cloud data services, batch/stream data processing and metadata management
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Collaborative, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate sophisticated technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations.
- Analytical thinking skills and a data-informed approach to decision-making.
- Experience with building large scale search and data platforms, query language and optimizations
- Deep understanding of search/query technology landscape, market trends, competition and industry
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data driven product decision-making
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and agile software development
- Passion for solving interesting technical problems and building enterprise products with intuitive user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.