Deal Desk Analyst - APAC - Japanese Speaker
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Our Splunk Family are a focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
The Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for the successful execution of the contracting process, ensuring consistency and adherence with Splunk strategy, commitments and goals as well as compliance with Splunk policies and procedures.
We're looking for a high-energy, team-first, value-add business partner who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Working collaboratively with Sales, Legal, Operations, and Finance teams, you’ll be supporting the Americas Sales organization in ensuring proper deal/quote/order structure and providing guidance on transactions always with a focus on financial and revenue compliance
Responsibilities - cool job, I want to do that!
- Understand standard corporate, transaction, and sales policies to enable stakeholders to design compliant deals
- Be the trusted advisor to Sales in a manner that maximizes KPIs while mitigating risk
- Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Improve Customer Experience
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and Splunk partners to track deal status and help move orders to closure
- Ensure deal structure, contract lineage, discount/margin levels and terms are compliant and in-line with company policies
- Perform first-line evaluation of contract/agreement and non-standard term requests
- Serve as an escalation point, when needed, to move deals forward while identifying root cause to abate risk
- Maintain scalable operations and feedback loop to the business to increase deal velocity and efficiency
- Leverage reporting and analytics to reduce time spent by Sales on quote/contract to order and to further standardize the deal formation process
- Partner with the Deal Managers and Deal Management Desk Leadership to drive best practices and ensure alignment to the company’s strategy
- Identify and recommend process and systems’ improvements to improve deal operations and management
- User acceptance testing when new processes, system functionality, or policies are implemented by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect compliance and profitability
- Provide sales training and enablement of quoting, pricing, and process requirements Improve our Customers’ experience
- Ad-hoc responsibilities as needed to support the sales/transaction process
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Legal, Operations, and Finance throughout sales process
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field, MBA a plus
- 2+ years experience in a Deal Desk/Support, Sales Operations, or Order Administration
- 3+ years of High-Tech/Software/SaaS industry experience
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Results driven with excellent attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, dependable with deliverables and deadlines, and ability to multi-task
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skills
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Must be proficient with Salesforce.com, Quote and Agreement tools (preferable CPQ and Apptus), MS Office, and G-suite
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.