Director, Technical Program Management
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Director, Technical Program Management is charged with leading a team delivering large scale, global, technically complex initiatives end to end. Working cross functionally with a broad set of technical and business partners, you will use your solid technical aptitude, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease, to individually drive programs and manage your team to drive programs that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long range goals.
You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for accelerating and simplifying customer, partner, and employee experiences across various channels, functions, and platforms. You will face new challenges daily and identify creative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead end-to-end product delivery or technical initiatives, with a clear and constant understanding of priorities to ensure expected outcomes are delivered.
- Manage a team of technical program managers who are leading initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams to align and deliver on technical solutions.
- Ensure clear accountability, timelines, and continuous change management to deliver timely, high-quality results.
- Identify and mitigate risks and to ensure programs maintain forward momentum toward clear outcomes.
- Work with executive leadership and key business partners serving as the core spokesperson for programs.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and cross-organization events in collaboration with other functional leaders.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Solid people management and leadership skills.
- Can set short and long-term strategies that deliver results in highly complex, dynamic and challenging environments.
- Leverages advanced negotiation skills and influence to guide and drive senior managers on matters of significant organizational impact.
- Is highly influential with senior and executive leaders on resolving short and long-term issues for their area of responsibility.
- Deep experience in Software Engineering and with standard SDLCs, with experience in CI/CD pipelines, building and operating multi-tenant cloud services, and search / indexing a plus.
- Strong validated experience communicating directly with leadership, proactive problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Experience facilitating, building, or overhauling a Change Management process.
- Experience working cross-functionally leading a program or product delivery with both technical and non-technical members.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of agile and scaled agile methodologies.
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $165,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.