Back-end Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2020) - NLP
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's NLP team is looking for back-end developers to design and build for our next generation Natural Language Platform. You will be working on groundbreaking machine learning algorithms, and building high quality, fast and resilient services. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will work with a team of passionate engineers and data scientists to deliver an extraordinary service that will bring unprecedented level of accessibility of machine data to everyone.
With offices in San Francisco and San Jose you will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
What core skills will you refine and improve? How will you contribute to our success?
- You will design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software improvements and new products.
- You'll actively contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementations
- We will encourage you to live innovation by promoting and soliciting ideas within project teams
- Actively pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related major, and strong record of academic achievement
- Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language, preferably Java, C++), methods, test development, algorithms and data structure
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and - -- UNIX/Linux environments
- Fluent in spoken and written english
Do you want to stand out as exceptionally qualified? Possess one or more of the following:
- Demonstrate competency and aptitude for Analytics, machine learning, AI, statistics, information retrieval, linguistic analysis
- Strong mathematical background
- Internship experience at a tech company
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.