Cloud Security Engineer
Cloud Security Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you embrace challenges, and possess an abiding real passion for excellence? Then Splunk is where you desire to embark on the next phase of your career journey. We are rapidly growing our pool of extraordinary talent with an inspired group of enthusiastic, ambitious, and superiorly gifted front-end and back-end Software Developers, UX Designers, and Product Engineers.
As a member of the Cloud Security team, you will collaborate with other security and operations teams to execute on strategic plans and develop tactical execution methodologies which improve the “protect, detect, and respond” capabilities of Splunk Cloud.
The ideal candidate has a passion for developing security solutions and capabilities that enable Cloud Security to protect our organization, customers, and assets. You will work with Cloud operations teams, Splunk Global Security, incident responders, and threat intel teams, as well as security solution providers, to help improve the team's security capabilities and achieve success.
Cloud Security Engineers work with our partner teams to identify and develop sophisticated playbooks and new integrations with a wide range of security technologies and services. The role involves not only developing the solutions but working with our internal customers and partners to improve their projects by providing mentorship on how to resolve technical issues and challenges. The ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of solving complex problems and seeing results that generate success.
This role provides engineering and operational support for cutting edge security tools, as well as deploying and running services that make full use of both private and public cloud services. The role is also responsible for Planning, Design, Testing, Deployment/Implementation, Break/Fix, Patching, Change Control and Service Maintenance/Support/Updates of high complex security systems to fulfill Splunk Cloud’s business needs. This role will provide security engineering support in the following areas:
- Build reusable, testable, scalable, and efficient Python/Go-based security automation that improve daily operations of Splunk Cloud.
- Extend existing security services and platforms to enhance partner capabilities.
- Train and mentor security teams expertise and knowledge on the best use of Phantom and automation.
- Identify use cases that can be built with existing tools and services to enhance both security automation and posture.
- This role also includes supporting the definition of requirements that enable innovative integrations and solutions.
- Collaborate on the evaluation and test solutions with the intent of improving Splunk’s overall risk posture.
- Proficient development skills, with experience in using REST APIs to integrate disparate security technologies, CI/CD and Git
- A strong foundation in the deployment of a wide range of security solutions. Experience in Linux and networking is required.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess problems and requests from multiple perspectives, analyze approach feasibility, and decide on the efficient course of action.
- 3 or more years of security experience in one or more of these critical areas: Information Security Technology, Engineering, Operations, Technology Infrastructure and Proof of Concept - testing labs.
- Strong ability to communicate data, facts, and analysis of technical subject matter.
- You will support collaboration when working on engineering’s goals and objectives.
- Must be an US Citizen
- Open to US remote but must work on US soil
What We Offer You:
The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in the Bay Area, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.