Sr. HR Business Partner - Software Engineering - San Francisco, CA
Do you want to join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone? Are you passionate about technology products and seek to deliver the best experience for customers? At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each others' success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The right candidate for this Senior HRBP role will actively and strategically collaborate with senior leaders to drive business outcomes and organization effectiveness. As Senior HRBP, you will operate as a key member of their teams and be accountable for their respective HR strategies which are informed by understanding the drivers of organizational and team performance.
Location: This role will have a primary base in Splunk's San Francisco HQ, with some flex to SJ for those able or interest. Candidates interested in relocation to SF Bay are encouraged to apply.
- Consultant: Act as an HR consultant and coach, delivering insights and solutions to the leadership team to address business challenges and leader development. Contribute to the development of successful business strategies.
- Develop and refine organization-wide Human Resources strategies and solutions to drive organizational performance and improve/maintain the quality of Splunk culture.
- Organizational effectiveness & leadership development: Diagnose and clearly articulate the root causes of organizational performance. Anticipate the need for change and influence action before an inflection point arrives. Facilitate leadership assessment and succession planning to identify next generation leaders. Partner with leaders on the development of key talent. Foster Splunk values.
- As a key component of an overall HR strategy, lead talent management and workforce planning efforts: Partner with leaders to optimize the experience and impact of Splunk’s workforce by building capability and capacity through integrated talent planning, assessment, development, and deployment processes that align to business goals. This results in having the right people in the right place at the right time and at the right cost.
- Create data-driven HR solutions: Use relevant data to inform and create insights for client groups to inform decision-making and team performance.
- Business HR Operations – In partnership with the executive clients, ensures excellent planning and implementation of key HR activities:
- Support key hires and work with Talent Acquisition on executing workforce plan and critical hiring for the business.
- Partner on performance and quarterly rewards planning processes and compensation activities during the year. Ensure end-to-end HR service delivery by maintaining partnership across all HR functions. Connect managers and employees with appropriate HR Resources.
- Strengthen manager effectiveness, partnering with relevant teams (e.g. L&D), to ensure managers are demonstrating our leadership competencies and modeling our values while developing and growing their employees.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of employment law, committed experience and good judgment to quickly and efficiently resolve issues for the relevant client groups.
- Take the initiative to partner with the Leadership team to ensure employees have effective tools and training to support successful work performance.
Competencies and Requirements:
- Previous HRBP experience supporting software engineering in a enterprise software company is required. Experience supporting software engineering or IT departments will be considered.
- Strong collaborator - Ability to collaborate and operate in a "one team" environment across all levels of the organization.
- Strategic acumen - Partner with business leaders to implement solutions that creatively solve complex business challenges to address these issues.
- Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR acumen - Familiar with the complete HR service portfolio including OD and talent management and able to effectively partner with talent acquisition, total rewards, learning & development, people operations and diversity & inclusion.
- Business acumen- Understand the organization's business strategies and dynamically changing external business competition, conditions and trends. Translate this knowledge into appropriate management and HR actions.
- Partnering and influence - Present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, including upward when necessary.
- Personal credibility - Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, communicate effectively is required to analyze HR issues and provide information, direction and advice as described.
- Good technical knowledge of human resources and its role within the business. Excellent knowledge of the related regulatory environment including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC etc.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively and professionally with all levels of employees and management. Good analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making skills are required to provide support as described.
- Excellent planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills. The ability to handle competing priorities calmly under pressure and within restricted timeframes is essential.
- Proven ability to provide expert Human Resources support as described is normally obtained through at least 10 years of progressively responsible HRBP experience.
- Knowledge of Human Resources theories, practices and principles and the related regulatory environment as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Organizational Development. Masters Degree preferred not required.
- Travel Requirements and Demands: Occasional travel to our remote offices. Some international travel is required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.