Security Solutions Architect
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results’ driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a phenomenal team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
The new world of Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) is revolutionizing the world of IT security. This new game changer is enabling security operations team to respond faster. Incident response teams, using their tools and knowledge, can develop stronger responses to modern day threats. Threat intel can enhance their ability to actively detect and defeat attacks before they cause an impact. We are looking for those people that like to be on the leading edge of security technologies, help security teams and individuals grow their skills and help customers grow the maturity of the security operations programs.
Our Security Solutions Architects (SSAs) are on a mission to help our customers develop operational capabilities and program to demonstrate the power of the market leading SOAR platform, Phantom. Our expert security practitioners collaborate with our customers’ security leadership, engineers, operations teams, incident responders, and threat intel teams, to help them use the capabilities of our offerings and achieve success. Working together with our experienced team, they help the customer realize the true potential of the Phantom platform.
- You will work directly with Enterprise customers in a wide range of industries including Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Technology, Energy, and Government.
- Lead customer relationships, ensuring that we deliver successful customer outcomes. This includes helping the customer identify roadmaps and develop their expertise and knowledge of Phantom and other Splunk security products.
- This role also includes defining requirements and working with Splunk's Security Solution Engineers to develop innovative integrations and playbooks.
- You will be the voice of the customer to Product Marketing and Engineering, enabling them to respond to real world customer demands and capabilities.
- Train and mentor security leaders and managers, security operations teams, threat intelligence groups and incident responders.
- Actively participate in the Splunk Security and Phantom Community as a domain expert, presenting in forums, online and at conferences.
- Deep knowledge and experience in Security Operations Centers, Incident Response, Architecture/systems engineering.
- Dynamic consulting skills and broad exposure to IT security technologies.
- You should have an understanding of software development standard methodologies to identify requirements and guide Splunk's partners and the solution engineering team to develop new apps and playbooks. (Since many of our products leverage Python for app and playbook development, experience in this language is desirable).
- A good foundation in crafting and leading the deployment of security architectures that demonstrate diversity of security tools and infrastructure.
- Experience in Linux and networking is required.
- Possess a level of technical curiosity, with desire to learn new technologies within the areas of security and business risk management.
- Driven, team focused individual who can work multi-functionally with customers and internal teams
- Highly motivated to craft and articulate a comprehensive security architecture and creative vision to customers.
- Desire to help mentor security teams
- Travel of 60-70% is anticipated for this position.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.