Associate Corporate Paralegal
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a motivated paralegal to join Splunk's Corporate Legal team. You will primarily be responsible for providing legal and administrative support related to public company, corporate secretary, and subsidiary maintenance matters. This is an exciting opportunity to provide organizational and substantive support to the team and build out new systems and procedures. This role will report to the Senior Director, Corporate.
This role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
To succeed, the role requires you to be highly collaborative with a positive demeanor and a sense of humor; have outstanding organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mentality that processes can always be improved; be a self-starter and fast learner with the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced work environment and handle numerous projects simultaneously under pressure; have a growth mindset with flexibility and desire to work on a variety of legal matters and consider multiple solutions to issues.
- Support corporate governance processes, including general recordkeeping, preparation of board and committee meeting agendas, presentations, resolutions, consents, minutes, and other materials, as well as assist with our electronic board portal
- Provide other governance support to our board of directors on an as-needed basis, including new director onboarding and annual D&O questionnaires
- Support the preparation and filing of SEC reports, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, and Section 16 filings
- Support annual stockholder meetings (planning and logistics)
- Support administration of our insider trading policy, including coordination of internal inquiries on the policy, closing trading window notices, 10b5-1 plans, and trading pre-clearance processes
- Assist with signatures, filings, mailings, as well as maintain and update corporate records relating to signature authority
- Coordinate and maintain our compliance calendar and legal filing system
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from our internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders
- Assist with compliance and corporate governance matters for our international and domestic subsidiaries
- Provide assistance to members of Splunk's Corporate Legal team as needed with supporting G&A functions such as facilities, executive compensation, tax, treasury, human resources
- Providing support with M&A, investments and other special corporate projects
- Responsibilities may change with time and expand upon aptitude and abilities
- 2+ years relevant experience at a law firm or medium-to-large company; experience at a publicly-traded company preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to and thrive in a fast-paced high-pressure environment
- Excellent tech skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite, and Slack
- Bachelor’s degree, excellent academic record
- Experience with external data sites (e.g., Nasdaq Boardvantage) and subsidiary management databases a plus
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.