Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you enjoy working collaboratively within a team to solve hard problems? Are you passionate about making customers successful? Like rolling up your sleeves and working with data to find patterns and hidden meanings? How about using your development skills to design solutions in order to make data more valuable and usable to your customers? If you answered yes to these questions, then the Splunk Forward Deployed Software Engineer (FDSE) might be the role for you!
FDSEs are “developers in sales” that work with account teams to understand customer pain points, then design and build custom solutions to solve them using Splunk as the underlying data platform. You are fanatical setting up our customers for success while demonstrating your strong developer skillset, love manipulating and visualizing data to tackle business problems, and you are willing to publicize your work to help others.
- You will work closely with members of the Sales and Sales Engineering Teams to rapidly prototype new functionality; outline and build solutions to solve challenging and meaningful customer problems
- Assist with the scoping and design of new visualizations, workflows, and integrations that are aligned with customer business requirements
- Write cutting-edge frontend code using JS/HTML/CSS and backend code using Python and other scripting languages
- Listen to feedback received from customers and colleagues and engage with multiple teams to improve Splunk products and processes over time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Hungry and motivated to learn and grow
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Up to 20% travel may be required
- Experience with Splunk products & solutions is a huge plus
- Experience developing software for enterprise
- Experience with systems interoperability, integration and networking
- Knowledge of data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- Experience working and scripting within multiple operating systems, particularly Linux and Windows
- Experience with cyber security
- Experience working with Big Data platforms and tool sets such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, etc.
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500- 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.