Corporate Messaging Intern (Summer 2021)
Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to craft messaging and tell inspirational stories that help influencers, prospects, customers, investors and employees change the world through data?
Splunk’s corporate messaging team is seeking an intern who is interested in learning how to craft simple stories that scale and help our company tell a cohesive and impactful story. In this role you will help us build guidelines, frameworks and presentations to help us amplify our voice If you are looking to improve your narrative capabilities and like working with other teams to bring projects across the line, then this role is for you!
An intern on our team will acquire highly-valuable messaging and branding experience, along with a baseline understanding of how to identify and meet the needs of our buyers in IT, Security, DevOps and beyond.
Responsibilities (What We Hope You’ll Learn!):
The Ropes... Corporate Messaging
- Get to know the Splunk technology foundations through Splunk training courses, documentation, and on the job research.
- Learn the current Splunk messaging and positioning via our corporate presentation and stand-and-deliver training.
- Help us iterate and refine our corporate presentations as we prepare for the next company-wide training.
- Collaborate with our communications and creative teams as we explore new ways to tell our story.
- Engage customers and prospects in testing to get quantitative and qualitative feedback to ensure we are crafting impactful content.
- Partner with our Splunk Community team to understand user needs and how we balance our tone for buyers vs users.
- Research competitors and our industry peers to identify new opportunities and executions for highly-impactful messaging.
Practicum (Aligning Your Knowledge and Interests with Innovative Expression!):
Your Internship Project
- Brainstorm possible focus areas with various community program leads early into your internship time with us.
- Select up to three Areas of Focus for an internship practicum, and with the help of program leads, participate in the formal pitch to the team.
- You and the team will then decide on a project, be assigned a mentor, and plan the project.
- You’ll be responsible for regular meetings with your assigned mentor, routine project management tasks, and regular reporting/read-outs of progress to your teammates.
- Participate in a final showcase with all Splunk interns, showing off what you’ve learned and accomplished in your tenure with us!
- Currently pursing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.