Product Manager Early In Career (US Remote)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a committed Product Manager to join a team responsible for the overall end-user experience of our flagship products, Splunk Cloud & Splunk Enterprise. You will help drive the definition, development, and adoption of key features within our Cloud experience.
You will develop your understanding of the Splunk end-user (which encompasses a mix of personas) to define goals and product features and use your cross-team collaboration skills to drive execution and commercial success.
You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align to business imperatives while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to ensure customer insights feed directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, this role will span across product management day-to-day responsibilities and include deep interaction with customers, design, engineering, and sales. This will require you to:
- Understand customer and user needs in-depth and translates those needs into a compelling roadmap. Manage a backlog of innovative features and technical requirements
- Develop insightful success metrics and successfully execute a tactical plan for moving those metrics
- Communicate user needs crisply and succinctly with design and engineering
- Write functional specifications, and set criteria for release readiness with regards to the functionality of the solution
- Collaborate with design, engineering, support, and field teams to successfully deliver products
- Own product features through their entire cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
You are organized, positive, and passionate about working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter with a bias towards action
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent, holistic view
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience, and energy
- Strong collaboration with internal and external partners
- Willing to do what it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- A Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 6 months relevant work experience.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.