Director, Product Management
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Director of Product Management for the SignalFx products recently acquired by Splunk to help to evolve, refine and grow our observability solutions and platform in order to save users time: by getting them the insights they need, by alerting them to issues they face, and by accelerating their ability to understand and solve for those issues, all as effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- Lead the SignalFx product management team responsible for the parts of our observability portfolio centered on infrastructure monitoring, alerting and the massively scalable metrics and streaming analytics platform it depends on.
- Ensure that your focus areas align with our broader product, customer and company needs.
- Understand customer and user data needs in depth, communicate those needs crisply and succinctly within SignalFx and across Splunk, and work with design and a distributed engineering team to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap and high-impact, innovative features.
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor competitive information and customer feedback into our product direction.
- Collaborate with product marketing, support and sales to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants.
- Track record of building and leading high-performing product management teams.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter.
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole.
- Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience and energy.
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity.
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time.
- 7-10 years of experience in product management or technical product management role.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- MBA from top-tier program.
- Background in enterprise SaaS; bonus if those were monitoring, log management or analytics products.
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.