Senior AV Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Splunk’s Collaboration Team is seeking an Audio/Visual Engineer who is passionate about maintaining a stable high quality conference room experience to corporate end users in a dynamic, fast growing environment.
You will provide hands-on support when needed, and coordinate the work of the team and vendors. Technical support and guidance resolving issues Audio/Visual conference room and event spaces, as well as integration with hardware and software is part of the role. You will also assist the team with daily operations as we support our customers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization with a bright future. Previous experience in rapidly growing companies is a plus.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitor health status of all conference rooms every day
- Help maintain the Zoom admin daily operations
- Be comfortable working independently to accomplish daily tasks
- Be comfortable being part of a team and working closely with diverse groups inside the company
- Help manage and oversee vendors as required for service and installations
- Perform preventative maintenance on AV equipment and systems
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of end user issues and problems, calling out issues internally as needed
- Troubleshoot all Audio/Video equipment problems, coordinating resolution efforts with team and outside vendors as appropriate
- Communicate and document accurate status of work in progress and complete with manager, team members, and customers
- Track AV assets and maintain accurate records
- Provide lightweight installation of equipment in the need of break fix swap outs or testing of systems
- Assist in the development of new system implementations or modifications of current systems.
- Assist with supporting other AV platforms like Cisco Webex, Google Meet etc as necessary and if situation demands
- Assist with live meeting and event support
- Provide remote support to locations within the region
- 4+ years of corporate audio visual experience, some experience in event support is preferred
- Proven experience with and troubleshooting industry standard devices such as Crestron, Extron, Biamp, Logitech, Neat, and other related hardware and software.
- Good knowledge of cloud video conference platforms such as Zoom, Webex, Teams.
- Comfortable with basic OSX and Windows configuration as it relates to video conferencing applications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written at all levels of an organization up to and including executive level management
- Ability to engage and communicate with senior leaders to provide clear, concise explanations
- Thrive in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- Passion about technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity while solving problems
- Ability to work effectively with team members, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals and objectives, and to identify and resolve problems
- Successful track record in working on cross-functional, cross-team projects
- BS Degree or equivalent experience
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.