IT Markets Practitioner - DevOps/SRE (Remote US Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about technology innovation and working on new product ideas, both onsite and inside our product labs? The IT Markets Practitioner will work alongside product management, product marketing and engineering teams to conceptualize new ideas and opportunities, deliver customer success with leading edge technologies and drive new ideas into real products. You will be a researcher, leader and a domain expert providing guidance for both potential acquisitions as well as market tendencies and direction.
In this role, you will engage with customers and partners to deliver advanced technical integrations and capabilities, with an eye towards influencing our company roadmap. You will attempt novel use cases and when successful, work multi-functionally to enable repeatable sales practices and feedback into new product development. You will also lead facilitation of field and partner enablement during new product introductions ensuring alignment of all technical resources.
Our ideal candidate is exceptional at communicating at an executive level as a trusted advisor, as well as executing on a deep technical level with IT professionals. You should be able to operate inside organizations autonomously to implement beta and early release software and ensure proper feedback on product usage reaches Splunk Engineering.
You will spend 50% of your time working with customers proving Splunk’s value with groundbreaking, pre release products, both pre and post-sales. The balance of your time will be concentrated on identifying and driving innovation back into the product development cycle, sharing and enabling the broader field in new use cases, and promoting Splunk in working groups.
This role is Global, reflecting up to 50% travel at peak times, and can be a remote role.
- You will test and execute the go-to market strategies proposed by the market group
- You will act as the leader of domain expertise for Splunk field teams and partners/channel
- You will assist Sales Engineering specialists in delivering new product training to the extended technical sales force
- You will provide technical oversight and strategic alignment over complex software deployments
Research and Development
- You will share detailed feedback to product management and engineering leadership
- You will do rapid prototyping design for top Splunk IT Markets customers as needed
- You will participate in strategic and market planning sessions with product management/marketing
- You will collaborate on Splunk early adopter programs as a technical guide
- You will deliver advisory sessions for top customers on cutting edge use cases and the value of machine data for operational excellence
- You will lead a team of Splunk and Partner technical experts in the design phase of major projects
- You will work with top technology partners on strategic and architectural alignment between products
You will help drive community interaction and promote Splunk through:
- Participating in trade shows, speaking engagements, grass roots interactions and user groups
- Publishing Splunk blogs and participating in online communities as appropriate
- Minimum of 10+ years working with IT Systems Management, IT Operations, DevOps, Systems Administration, Site Reliability Engineering, or equivalent areas
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in DevOps & SRE technologies and implementations
- Demonstrate deep understanding of DevOps & SRE practical use cases
- Working knowledge of New IT technologies and approaches - including cloud-native, DevOps, Agile, SRE, containers, automation/orchestration, and other similar concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Experience in a software sales environment, ideally in a technical customer-facing role (pre-sales engineer, solutions architect, product management, technology advocate or evangelist)
- Capable of building compelling technology demonstrations for sales.
- Capable of problem determination/troubleshooting capacity in complex environments
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex customer deployments, as both a team leader and technical guide
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver in-person and web-based presentations on thought-leading topics, including conference keynotes, breakout sessions, meetups, and webinars
- Splunk experience is ideal, but experience with alternative and/or complementary solutions in IT Operations, SRE, or DevOps will be considered positively
- You identify as a self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative environment, able to set and meet objectives with minimal direct supervision, with the dedication to be awesome every single day
- You are an open collaborator who enjoys interacting with others at all levels in both professional and social settings
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.