Sr. Manager, Pricing Analytics and Insights
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
The Pricing & Monetization team at Splunk is passionate about driving commercialization and getting results through building better business models, establishing and optimizing the monetization of Splunk’s portfolio of products and services, and launching new offerings in collaboration with GTM, Product, Operations, Finance and others.
As a Sr. Manager of Pricing Analytics and Insights, you will help develop insights and execute strategies that uncover and drive growth and improvements in the business. Insights and projects include customer lifetime value and cohort analysis, discount optimization, conjoint and willingness to pay analysis, competitive research as well as conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth and expansion. You will also partner with our leaders to drive operational change based on data driven insights like sales strategies, discount controls, and assist in the preparation of content for executive discussions.
In this role, you will work on highly sophisticated problems, inform leaders on critical decisions and have exposure to senior-level decision-making crafting relationships with people across the company.
We are looking for a strong analytics, problem-solving and competitive intelligence background and demonstrated success in analytics and strategy development, including framing, project management, business analysis and problem solving.
You understand the data as well as the business and can deliver proactive analysis and insights. Strong presence, executive communication and consensus building capabilities are essential. Demonstrated ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment is ideal. Management consulting and technology market experience is appreciated.
This position is based out of San Francisco or San Jose and reporting up to the Vice President of the Pricing & Monetization.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Drive highly visible monetization and commercial analytics and insights for Splunk’s business; Work cross-functionally to bring insights, and support strategic and operational decisions through a data and insight driven process.
- Help our functions drive the definition, measurement and tracking of the key strategic and commercial initiatives.
- Provide insights and understanding of the competitive landscape through analytics and market research as required (e.g. pipeline and sales data, market, customer, competitors).
- Collaborate with product, finance and sales to drive revenue and margin realization and to support strategic commercial decisions and pricing proposals.
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock growth and provide clarity towards execution.
- Build the analytics capabilities and drive insights from the data on a regular cadence and deliver it to executive leadership and cross-functional teams
Requirements: This isn’t my first rodeo!
- 5+ years experience or equivalent; any combination of analytics, strategy, competitive intelligence and FP&A in a technology company
- Experience in running analytics function incl. establishing new analytics architecture, processes and tools for faster ad-hoc analysis and quarterly cadence.
- Experience driving initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to influencing decisions and driving execution to success is required.
- Strong leadership and excellent written / verbal communications to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; comfort in business and technical discussions.
- Strong influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Strong data handling and financial skills to work on sophisticated business issues with minimum supervision.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment.
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new terms and projects, provide critical thinking, with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Master of Business Administration desired
- Bachelor of Science degree in STEM or related subject area is appreciated. Data science & analytics experience is helpful
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.