Sr. Business Analyst, Product Supportability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a member of the Customer Success - Support Operations team at Splunk, you will be responsible for defining the requirements to improve the monitoring, remediation and diagnostic experience for Splunk customers and support staff. These requirements should be clearly documented and communicated to internal partners. Further, the requirements will be the basis for Splunk Engineering to design and develop optimal product solutions. In this role, you will also be responsible for creating key performance indicators for all organizations involved, including the development team implementing these requirements, while holding the team accountable for meeting those key performance indicators. You will be expected to provide regular status reports to business partners, identifying any key risks to commitments and schedules.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, with proven knowledge of the software development life-cycle and the ability to communicate effectively to software engineers and the Customer Support team. In addition to gathering the project requirements, you will track the project's timeline that will be defined in collaboration with the partners.
- Responsible for the overall drafting of the business requirements / use cases, test scripts / acceptance criteria, delivery timeline and training materials for the monitoring and remediation project using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Quickly develops a deep knowledge of the current diagnostic process and tools
- Uses a data driven approach to prioritize project deliverables and milestones
- Drives cross functional teams to meet KPI’s for MTTR, FCR and Case Deflection
- Tracks and reports progress against KPI’s, timeline, milestones and budget
- 10+ years of business analysis and project management experience in the enterprise software space.
- Familiar with/ able to drive the Agile development and release methodologies, especially for automation of business processes, improvements/ redesigns.
- Experience using Splunk Cloud or Splunk Enterprise
- Experience working with enterprise class monitoring and diagnostic tools
- Ability to work multi-functionally and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups.
- Strong financial and business sense, critical thinking, decision-making abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Executive presentation skills.
- Work well in fast-paced changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Negotiation, mediation and conflict management skills.
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or meaningful on the job experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.